Qatarmobile.qa Care+ Terms and Conditions
Qatarmobile.qa Screen Protection Plan in respect of Equipment
This Cover offered by Qatarmobile.qa.The Cover is administered through Qatar Mobile(the 'Administrator')which is the sole authorised agency for the purposes of the benefits afforded by the Cover.
You will receive the benefit of the Cover if You have purchased Equipment from Qatarmobile.qa and have been provided with a Certificate of Screen Protection Plan at the time of purchase.
This Cover is limited to a maximum of 1(one)claim over the course of 12 months.
In the event that the damage to Your Equipment is not limited to Screen Damage,Administratorshall notify You of the cost to fully repair the Equipment.If You agree to proceed with the full repair,this Cover will pay the cost of repair of Screen Damage only less the amount of Excess that is to be paid by You toAdministratorand You will be responsible for all costs of all other repairs.
If You do not proceed with the full repair,the damaged Equipment will be returned to You and no amount shall be payable under this Cover.
Coverage Scope and Period
This Cover applies for the first 12 months following Your date of purchase of Your Equipment,whilst Your Equipment is within Qatar.If You have taken it temporarily out of Qatar,this Cover will apply up to a total number of 90 days within your coverage period.
- 'Equipment' means the mobile telephone that has an IMEI number and has been sold to you by Qatarmobile.qa.Equipment does not mean or include any vehicle installation materials,fixed installation materials,software or content downloads.
- 'You'/Yours means you the owner of the Equipment who is aged 18 or over.
- 'Screen Damage' shall mean any sudden or unforeseeable damage,accidental destruction of the screen on the Equipment which prevents its correct operation.
- Period of Cover refers to one calendar year starting from the date You purchase Your Equipment or until the expiry date stated in your certificate whichever is earlier.
- Administrator shall mean Qatar Mobile.
- 'Service Providers' shall includeAdministrator,Qatarmobile.qa,to assist with the performance of this Cover,customer services,or claims services and support.
- More than 1(one)claim during the Period of Certificate of Screen Protection Plan.
- Damage to any other part of the Equipment apart from its screen.
- Damage which You haven't(i)notified the Administrator about,and produced the damaged Equipment to the Administrator for Repair.In the event that You were travelling out of Qatar when the damage occurred,the above time-Exclusion shall not apply.However,You will be expected to(ii)notify the Administrator,and produce the damaged Equipment to the Administrator for Repair within 14 days of Your return to Qatar.
- Damage which in the assessment byAdministrator,is caused by or resulting from unauthorized repair attempts or from any unauthorized intervention or following manipulation of the hardware or software of the Equipment.
- Damage resulting from and whilst operating any machine or any vehicle which includes motorcycles or any other mode of transport.
- Damage where
- the IMEI number cannot be identified and the nature of damage to the Equipment does not substantiate the damage to the IMEI number;or
- the IMEI number or the serial number of the Equipment has been tampered with or this has been attempted.
- Any claim when You cannot present the damaged Equipment.
- Any claim which cannot be attributed to any single event is not covered.
- Where the Equipment has suffered any material or manufacturing errors,any subsequent claim for Screen Damage will only be considered where evidence is presented by You that the previous material or manufacturing error was rectified by an authorized repairer of Your Equipment
- Any claim resulting from an act that is unlawful.
- The cost of:
- Cosmetic damage including scratching or chipping of paintwork or polished surfaces or discolouration;or
- Any costs or charges for which the manufacturer,supplier or distributor or an authorised service centre are liable in accordance with their standard contractual obligations.
- Any breakdown of the Equipment by any cause including such that is attributable to or caused by:
- a sudden unforeseeable internal mechanical or electronic defect causing the actual breaking or burning out of a part causing the failure of the Equipment to operate as intended by the manufacturer;or
- the incorrect use of electricity or the incorrect setting of controls or the use of accessories or equipment not approved by the manufacturer.
- Screen Damage caused by wear and tear and any gradual damage not affecting the functionality of the Equipment,deterioration of the battery,depreciation,insects,vermin,fungus,atmospheric or climatic conditions(including humid conditions),any gradually operating cause.
- Screen Damage caused by any process of cleaning,repair,alteration,or restoration.li>
- Legal seizure or confiscation by order of any government public or Police authority.
- Loss of use or consequential loss of any kind whatsoever or reconnection costs or subscription fees of any kind,any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the Equipment,the restoration of data stored on the Equipment or within the SIM card or any loss other than the repair or replacement costs of the Equipment
- Any Screen Damage caused by lack of reasonable care or precautions or by a wilful act or negligence including damage caused by animals,by sporting activity or resulting from misuse,incorrect use,incorrect storage or any conduct the result of which was foreseeable.
- For damage directly or indirectly caused by:
- War,invasion,act of foreign enemy hostilities(whether war be declared or not),civil war,rebellion,revolution,insurrection,military or usurped power nationalisation,or public demonstrations or rioting;
- Ionising radiations or contamination by the radioactivity from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;
- Pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds;or
- Terrorism,regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss.For the purpose of this exclusion,terrorism means any act including but not limited to the use of force or violence or the threat thereof of any person or group of persons whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation or government committed for political,religious,ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government or to put the public or any section of the public in fear.
No benefits can be redeemed in cash and You are not entitled to seek any cash compensation.
You shall take all reasonable precautions to protect your Equipment from damage and shall keep it in a proper state of repair.
3.Fraud and Misrepresentation
- If any claim is found to be fraudulent,this Cover and all claims will be forfeited.
- If You give misleading information when making a claim,the claim will be declined and,this Cover will be cancelled without notice.
4.Making a claim
In the event of Screen Damage,You must report the damage by visiting any notified Administrator Repair Centre or telephoning the service number shown on your Certificate of Screen Protection Plan as soon as possible(but no later than 14 days from the date of damage)and hand over the damaged Equipment,the Certificate and Your receipt for purchase..
When assessing any claim,Administratorwill consider the first cause giving rise to the claim and therefore will not consider any subsequent variations to this initial reason.If required,You should provide any other document requested by Administrator to support Your claim.
In the event of prior refusal of a claim for Screen Damage byAdministrator,Administratorshall require evidence that the Equipment had been repaired by a qualified and authorised repairer or Administrator before authorising any subsequent claim.
You must be either a National of Qatar or hold a valid residence permit to reside in Qatar during the Period of Screen Protection Plan.
- The Beneficiary shall refer the Complaint to:
- Administratorif the complaint relates to the repair service that the Beneficiary received or the Qatarmobile.qa if the complaint relates to the scope of coverage.
- 2.If the Beneficiary is not satisfied with the response from Administrator,He/she may refer the complaint to Qatarmobile.qa
- 3.All Parties shall ensure that complaints are handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
For the purposes of this Condition 9.alone,“We”,“Us” shall mean Qatarmobile.qa and Administrator We may use the information supplied during the formation and performance of this Cover for administration, customer services,repairs,paying claims and fraud prevention.We may disclose this information to Our Service Providers for these purposes,and will keep this information for a reasonable period.Where sensitive personal data has been disclosed,We will also use this information for the above purposes only.Individuals whose information has been supplied to Us have a right to ask for a copy of that information and to have any inaccuracies corrected.We may record telephone calls to make sure it follows instructions correctly and for staff training purposes.When personal or sensitive data is supplied to Us about third parties other than You,We assume that those third parties consent to the supply of this information to Us and to the transfer of their information for the purposes of this Cover to other persons or parties within or outside the State of Qatar.We will also assume that You,the supplier of the information,is authorised to receive,on their behalf,any data protection notices.It is however Your responsibility to ensure that You have backed up all data including personal data from Your Equipment before handing it over to Administrator or any other Service Provider.
This Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Qatar.The courts of Qatar shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with this Contract,its performance,interpretation or execution.